|This townland has been mapped on OSM, click the following link to see : Aghalurcher Glebe|
- 1834 - Aghalurcher - Ordinance Survey Memoirs
Aghalurcher Glebe (Irish: Achadh Urchaire) means "field of the shot or cast"
|“||The original lrish name of Aghalurcher is ACHADH URCHAIR (the name also used by the Four Masters) which means the field of the shot or cast, the name is accounted for, as usual, by a legend about the patron saint (St Ronan). The people disputed about the place where the church was to be erected and they finally came to the agreement to cast a stone into the firmament by a sling (CRANN TABHAILL) and to build the church upon the spot in which God would permit it to fall. The stone was flung, and fell at a considerable distance from the place on the beautiful field not far from the eastern bank of Lough Erne, where the
ruins of the old church are now to be seen. The patron saint gave this place the name Achadh Urchair (field of the shot) from this circumstance.
—John O'Donovan, November 24th 1834
|Head of Family||Landholder (if different)|