The Mill House, Killyfole
The house at the crossroads, Killyfole was the original miller’s house occupied by Joseph Johnston in the Griffiths Valuation 1862. There were three different families of Johnstons who lived here and ran the mill. Enlarged and modernised it is now owned by the Annon family.
Our picture shows it as it was when Bertie and Eileen lived there. Being on the side of the road, this was a well-known landmark and many a message or parcel was ‘left at the mill.’ In the farmyard wall was a red mail box. This was another meeting place especially about 2.30pm when the Post Office van, or in earlier days Wm Deering’s van, called to collect the mail on its way from Roslea to Newtownbutler.