|This townland has been mapped on OSM, click the following link to see : Crocknaboghill|
- 1823 - Knocknabohill - Church of Ireland Census (Aghadrumsee Chapel of Ease)
- 1833 - Croc/Cnoc na Buachail "hill of the boy" - J O'D (OSNB) B133 B67
Crocknaboghill is believed to mean "hill of the boys, young men"
1823 Church of Ireland Census
The following is an extract from a survey of the North-West Division of Clones Parish. Recorded as "Knocknabohill"
|McMoran, William & Jane||0||3|
|Bleakley, Thomas & Ann||5||3|
|Bowes, Francis & Jane||0||0|
|Flemming, Maxwell & Esther||3||3|
|Reed, John & Margaret||1||0|
Griffiths Valuation 1862
|John Glass||Mrs Dixon and others||House, Offices and Land|
|William Armstrong||Mrs Dixon and others||House, Offices and Land|
|William Bleakley||Mrs Dixon and others||House, Offices and Land|
|Francis Johnston||Mrs Dixon and others||House, Offices and Land|
|Head of Family||Landholder (if different)|
|Eliza Jane Hague||Thomas Hague|
Surnames in 2005
There were a cluster of 5 houses with small plots of land on the face of the hill. They were some distance up from the road either the present Dernawilt Road or the older Mount Darby Road. There seem to have been two lanes, one in to Dernabacky and the other over to Dernawilt. Later it seemed as if the inhabitants there had made a more direct lane straight to the road. The last time all the houses were occupied the names of the householders were Johnston, Marshall, Hague who was the miller, Glass and Armstrong.
There is a local tradition that there is a burial ground here which was used before the present graveyard at Aghadrumsee Parish Church. There is no trace of where it was though we have been given a possible position which would be half-way along the straight portion of the lane towards Dernawilt.
- Was this the burial place of the Bleakley deaths recorded on the old headstone in Aghadrumsee graveyard?