|This townland has been mapped on OSM, click the following link to see : Derryheely|
- 1722 - Derrycheely - Starrett's Surv. (OSNB) 52 B115
- 1747 - Derrycheely - Reg. Free. Fer. 13
- 1747 - Derrykeely - Reg. Free. Fer. 1
- 1834c - "Doire Chaoluidhe" meaning "Keely's oak wood" - J O'D (OSNB) 52 B115
- 1835 - Derryheely (quarry; Sir Arthur Brooke's holding) - OS Memoirs iv 19,23
Derrykeely (Irish:Doire Chaoluidhe) meaning "Keely's oak wood"
The South East of this townland is know locally as "Stoney Hill". In the OS Memoirs of 1835 this was probably the location of the quarry, but maybe referring to the larger and current quarry located in Slush Hill.
The Fee Family
This townland is local associated with the Fee Family. However, this family no longer resides in the townland.