In this section are the townlands which are designated Glebe lands. They are Drummonds Glebe, Killylifferbane Glebe and Mullavea Glebe. Together with Knock-macarooney Glebe and Crockawaddy Glebe further up the mountain, and Rossbrick Glebe beside Magheraveeley, the rent of these properties went to the provide income for the church.
The Rev Thomas Hand was appointed rector of Clones Parish in 1847. His wife is better known as Cassandra Hand the lady who introduced the skill of crocheting to the area. This enabled the women of the area to earn some money in the years of desperate poverty following the famine.