|Irish: Mhachaire Mhílic|
Magheraveely shown within Northern Ireland
|Irish grid reference|
|Constituent country||Northern Ireland|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Dialling code||028 677 38|
|European Parliament||Northern Ireland|
|UK Parliament||Fermanagh and South Tyrone|
|NI Assembly||Fermanagh and South Tyrone|
|List of places: UK • Northern Ireland • Fermanagh|
Magheraveely is a small village in County Fermanagh. In the 2006 Census it had a population of people 254. It is worth noting that local people sometime spell with an extra 'e' for example Magheraveeley.
In 1841 the population was 74. Petty sessions were held in Magheraveely before the Courthouse in Newtownbutler was built.
In the 1920's the post office was located where Sean and Peggie McCabe now live. It was run by Mrs Celia Caroll and her brother Willie Blakely who was the postman. He lived where the new houses have been built today. The postal address was Magheraveely, Clones. In later years, 1930's, Willie had a barders shop in the village.
William Armstrong was a shoe maker had his business where Sean and Mary McKiernan now live.
When John McCabe came to Magheraveely in 1921 and he bought the pub (Now Oasis Bar), he also opened a grocers shop and hardware store. He passed away in 1960.
In later years, Willie and Maureen Kennedy had a grocers shop and at one point the village of Magheraveely had 3 different grocery stores!
There was also a saw-mill just outside the village.
Where McConkeys Shop is now there used to be a forge owned by Bob Coulter. The blacksmith was Bob West who later started his own forge out the Newtownbutler Road.